Arthur Mkoyan: A Valedictorian Deported

There's always so much injustice that I feel like I should write on, but with a growing cadre of blogmig@s helping me out online, I'll outsource this story to A Dream Deferred.  Also check out Manny's post at The Sanctuary.

Sometimes I feel like I don't want to be part of a country that deports people like Mkoyan, but then I remember, such talk is an insult to undocumented youth that continue their fight to be recognized as humans in the only country they've ever known.

symsess said:

Online activism is only one part of a broader need, but that's why we're here - to hopefully parade this country into a new era where stories of achievement don't end in betrayal.

You're obviously a big part of this and I think your commitment is already bringing about a positive change. We'll never quite the angry voices; we can only hope to drown them out with compassion and the joy of truly helping one another.

We're in for a long hard battle symsess. We'll see what happens with the next president, but I've gotta feeling I'm going to be fighting this fight until the grave. And I'm prepared to do so.

Tim Hillier said:

Come to Canada my friend. There are just as many opportunities here as there. Claim refugee status here and send your marks on to Queens University in Kingston, Ontario. Or any University of your choosing. We are always on the look out for bright eager young minds.

Tim Hillier.

Tomas Solyk said:

Yeah. Come to Canada.
You'll have the added bonus of not having to deal with dumb Americans that detain your father in jail when he has committed no crime.

The U.S. likes to fill up jails for any reason. Lucky you don't have a 4-year-old sibling for them to detain.

Good to see there are so many welcoming Canadians out there.

CB said:

My father has travelled all over the world and he was denied a visa to Canada. When I went to talk to the Canadian consulate, the lady insulted me. I hate to tell you this, but Canadian immigration authorities have been actually worse than any American immigration officer I have ever encountered.

I gotta be honest, I'm not as familiar with how Canadians treat migrants. It's just good to know that there are Canadians willing to have people like Arthur Mkoyan. Here in the U.S. there is such hate for migrants like him.

Jenny said:

hear a great song about Arthur Mkoyan at www.myspace.com/ElvirasSong.

I think they also do a song about ICE raids